Mass Instructions from the Celebrant
At the beginning of Mass
- Welcome back to Immaculate Conception! It is good to see you here this evening/morning. As you noticed when you entered, things are different. You checked in when you arrived, your hands were sanitized, and you were escorted to a marked seat, front to back.
- You can see that we are keeping some rows empty to maintain the required social distance between you. Please try to remain in your seat for the entire Mass/service, so as to keep movement within the church to a minimum. This helps prevent the spread of any germs and makes the task of sanitizing the Church after Mass easier.
- Remember that you need to keep your mask on until you exit the building.
- We will not sing during Mass, nor will we exchange any physical Sign of Peace.
- There will be no collection or offertory procession. There are two baskets on the usher table in which you can place your donation when you leave.
Fr. McMahon and Deacon Louie will be distributing communion. An usher will tell you when to approach the altar, keeping a 6-foot distance from each other. Keep your mask on while you are in line. To avoid crossing over people, please approach the altar even if you are not receiving communion, crossing your arms as you approach, and you will receive a blessing.
A Greeter will be in the aisle to spray your hands with sanitizer as you approach the front. Please do not touch anything after your hands have been sanitized. When you reach Fr. McMahon or Deacon Louie, say Amen, and receive the host in your hand. Then move 6 feet away before you consume the host. There you can remove your mask with one hand, consume the host, and then reposition your mask before moving back down the aisle to your seat.
After communion, please remain in your seat until the end of Mass.
You will need to remain in your seat until an usher comes to your pew and leads you out of church. We will be leaving the Church from the back to the front.
Please do not congregate in the vestibule, but move through as quickly as possible and exit through the main doors into the parking lot. In the parking lot, please keep a safe distance as you greet others.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation with all these health & safety procedures. While we hope to return to something like normal, right now we are most concerned with keeping people safe.